foodslack matches local farmers and buyers
we make it easy to find goods & coordinate deliveries
All foodslack farmers and buyers:
- Eliminate excess emailing, calling, searching, and driving.
- Discover new markets, place orders, and coordinate deliveries.
- Rate each other, encouraging timely delivery and payment.
- Receive automatic delivery & confirmation notifications.
Benefits for the farmer:
- Farmers gets instant access to every single buyer in the network
Farmers receive instant order notification
- Buyers, such as restaurants, can search by specific or general terms.
- All results are sorted by the farm's distance to the buyer.
Farmers benefit from online communications
- Automatic order notifications are sent to farmers via email.
Farmers set their own delivery & financial terms
- All communications, receipts, orders, questions, and comments are stored online for reference.
Farmers keep 100% of their revenue
- Farmers set a minimum per-mile dollar value threshold and a delivery radius.
- If a buyer is 25 miles away and your minimum dollar value is $7 per mile, then the buyer's order has to be a minimum of $175.
- The math: $7 per mile x 25 miles = $175 minimum order.
- Farmers can demand either cash or credit or both.
- Farmers will only receive orders that they are financially and logistically happy with.
Farmers can instantly update their inventory
- Foodslack will never take a percentage of revenue.
- Our fee is a $12.99 subscription service for all parties - buyers and farmers - regardless of volume.
Farmers can instantly cancel or suspend their account
- Farmers need approximately 2 seconds to upload inventory onto the system from a spreadsheet.
Farmers benefit from a rating system
- Foodslack will stop billing you after two clicks.
- We only want committed members in our network.
- For example, during the off season, feel free to suspend your account.
- Farmers can rate buyers based on payment timeliness and general flexibility.
- Farmers can identify the type of buyers they're willing to transact with.
- Clear product searches
Clear and specific search parameters
- Buyers can instantly search for and find products that farmers are willing to deliver to them.
- No more sifting through hundreds of emails.
Buyers can search for a wide variety of terms including, "organic", "gmo-free", "nut-free", "kosher", "pasture-raised", or "soy-based" etc.
- Buyers can instantly see all product prices across a local radius.
- Buyers can instantly see the farm's distance to your organization.
Clear order and delivery notification
- Buyers can instantly see product and farm descriptions.
Clear inventory levels
- Buyers can instantly place orders. They will receive an email upon confirmation.
Buyers benefit from a rating system
- Buyers see updated inventory levels.
- Farmers can update their products at anytime.
- Farmers are required to update their product inventory at least once per week.
Buyers can rate farmers based on product quality and delivery timeliness.
- Buyers can identify the type of farmers they're willing to transact with.
Yay! Sign me up!